Dr. Richard S. Herdener, FAAD
Dr. Richard S. Herdener is a board-certified dermatologist who offers the benefit of more than 40 years of experience and expertise to his patients. After attending Seattle University and the University of Washington School of Medicine, he went to undergo extensive training in dermatology at the Naval Hospital in San Diego.
From Naval Medicine in San Diego to dermatology in the Pacific Northwest
In 1987, after serving ten years in the U.S. Navy, he moved to Spokane, Washington. Dr. Herdener calls the PNW his home and has found Washington to be the perfect place to practice his passion for helping patients with the science and art of dermatology, caring for patients with a wide range of skin concerns. He has an extensive background and skill set in cosmetic dermatology as well.
Education and background
Dr. Herdener has earned the following certifications:
- Board Certified in Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Assistant Professor, Dept of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
Dr. Herdener is honored to be a member of the following prestigious medical societies and associations:
- Washington State Medical Association
- Spokane County Medical Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- The American Society for Contact Dermatitis
- Washington State Dermatology Association